Skip to main content

Off to Houston & Registration open for Duality

I'm headed to Houston next week to teach at the ANG Seminar. I leave a week from today and every moment from now until then will be spent getting everything ready to load into the car. Five days of teaching, Teacher Showcase, and of course, EXPO! I'm looking forward to it all...

In the meantime, registration is open for a new online class through Shining Needle Society. This design is close to my heart as my mother and I designed it together. We are as different as night and day in design style and personality so combining our talents was a fun challenge. My love of all things related to needle and thread come directly from her and I was lucky to have her to guide me into the world of teaching needlepoint at the national level. Now we want to offer this class one more time as mom is retiring from teaching. You can get all the details here - registration ends soon.

Duality is a mostly geometric design with the addition of batik fabric applique - if you've not put fabric on a piece of canvas, it adds some interest and is easier than you think. We make it super easy in this class as we prepare all the appliques in the kits! We both stitched the design - mom in her warm fall colors and me in my cool spring/summer colors! Here they are...

Fiesta - mom's original colorway - the background of the threads photo is the batik fabric

Garden Path - my original colorway
 
Tahiti
 
Bermuda Reef
 
Here are the rest of the other colorways we are offering - it was difficult to narrow them down!

Bark
 
Winter Sky

Cardinal

Elderberry


 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six