Skip to main content

Mystery Registration has started!

I'm excited to announce that I am offering an online Mystery Class through Shining Needle Society again. For the first time, the Mystery design is square. It's also different than my other Mysteries but does cover the canvas completely. Class will start on January 1st - I think it'll be fun to start a brand new project on New Year's Day. I've already heard of several groups of people who will get together to stitch this project - what fun! 

You can see all the details here or here.  The above photo is a sneak peek of a very small portion of the design. I drew the whole design on the canvas before I began stitching and really enjoyed this new process for me. 

I'm offering four different colorways for this project or you can choose your own. I will show you photos of the threads for the colorways. The Watercolours and Pearl Cottons are firm but the Vineyard Silks and Rainbow Gallery fibers may be tweaked some after I finish traveling this month. There are a lot of threads/colors in each of the options.

My original colorway is based on the Tahiti and Stained Glass (yes I used them both!) Watercolours. These are truly my happy colors!


 This is Aurora and Tiffany Rose (the first and third Watercolour from the left) - it's lavenders, greens, and mauves. 


 Next up is Bark and Raspberry Sherbet - browns, rusts, dusty purples, tans. 

This is Cypress and Fiesta - I think of this as my "Autumnal" colorway - greens, rusts, and browns with a touch of dusty purple/pink. 
 

Registration will end November 1st - I have to order threads and allow plenty of time over the holidays for them to come in so I have time to get them to everyone before the end of the year. 

Let me know if you have any questions and post in the comments which colorway you like best!

Kathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six