Skip to main content

Taking a break...

from kitting and mailing Mystery kits. I'm still waiting on a few backordered threads - they always seem to cause delays no matter how far in advance I plan or order...They'll get here soon I hope!

I've managed to get in a little stitching this month - that's the good news. Here's a frustrating moment I'll share with you. I completely finished stitching a new design last night (name to be determined...suggestions welcome even though you're only seeing a little!). Notice the canvas threads in the bottom left corner of the overdye border...yes, I ran out and don't have more. I used this thread for a major motif and didn't like it so ripped it out. Of course, I emptied my little ort basket the night before I finished this and didn't think it wise to pick through the coffee grounds to try and find a little piece. I'll be making a call to Gloriana tomorrow to beg for a piece to be mailed asap! The good news is I'll be releasing this at the tradeshow in Nashville the end of February so there's time to get more before I have to have a final photo.

I also finished my latest colorful design and finally decided to call it "Around the Rainbow". Here's another sneak peek for you with another round - there's one more after this but you'll have to wait to see the whole thing! The overall design size came out ten inches square - I might have done one more round but I only had a piece of canvas 10x10. Yes, if you do the math, there's only an inch left on each side so I'll either be sewing some fabric on this to be able to frame it or I'll have it made into a pillow. I haven't decided yet.
For Nashville, I'll have a new Color Delights - it's called Sky and although it's done, you'll have to wait to see it. Next up on my Color Delights list is Eggplant, Lime, or Seafoam. Put your vote in the comments and I'll do whichever one gets the most requests!

On the agenda tomorrow is going to the dentist - one of my least favorite things to do. I always make my appointment first thing in the morning to get it over with. It's only a cleaning so it could be worse. The rest of the day will be wonderful, no matter what I do!

On a positive note (after my whining above), my Serenity design won a 2nd place ribbon in the exhibit at the Callaway Gardens Needle Arts seminar. I went up for a couple of days earlier this week to see the exhibit and shop in the boutique (wish I'd know I'd need that thread!). Serenity is a new teaching design and if you haven't seen it, here it is - I haven't got it up on my website yet. I designed it to be vertical but the picture of it framed below shows it horizontal - it's interesting to see how the orientation makes it look different. It showed up this way when I added it to the blog so I decided to leave it instead of fixing it to demonstrate this phenomenon. It's one of the fun things about geometrics - you can hang them however they most appeal to you or sometimes which way they'll fit better on a wall or in a grouping.

Hope you're getting through winter - we've finally seen the sun the last few days which makes it a little warmer and pleasant.

Kathy




Comments

  1. Seafoam, please. It would be perfect for my beach condo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new design - it reminds me of an old fashioned rose garden. I vote for lime green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs! I vote for eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new design. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new things, but Eggplant please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Eggplant! Kathy, would you consider putting an option in the sidebar of your blog for viewers to follow via e-mail? I would love to receive a notification each time you have a new blog post, as I see I have missed like the last four. LOL. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your new ones! The first barely unfinished one reminds me of watermelon pickles - just sayin :) and I will for sure be ordering it.
    As for your next color, eggplant pretty please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six