Skip to main content

the latest...

It will be no surprise to anyone who has done major remodeling that my kitchen isn't done yet! It's close - I just need cabinet doors and drawer fronts with hardware - maybe in another week. I am thrilled to have a sink and all new appliances though.

On the design front, here is "Earth", the first of four in my "Elements" series. The others will be Air (Wind), Fire, and Water. Pam & Kim from Tomorrow's Heirlooms approached me earlier this year about designing a series of designs for them to offer as a Counted Canvas Club. I taught in their shop last summer and a lasting friendship was born so of course, I said Yes, how FUN!!

 I came up with the Elements for a theme and designed and stitched Earth first - here it is...it also looks great on point. I'm using the same layout for all four of the designs so they will coordinate with each other in a grouping. I was so fired up (no pun intended) about these designs that I immediately did the Fire and Water designs. I only have Air left but needed a breather in between to work on something else new!
 
Click Elements Club for all the details on the club and how to sign up - you sign up with Tomorrow's Heirlooms, not me!

I played around with the design and also came up with another layout for a larger design to be more symmetrical - Pam & Kim liked it enough to come up with a second alternative to their Club so you can elect to get the "Large" and receive a bigger piece of canvas and extra threads to make it look like this...

Registration continues for Oasis, my latest class with Shining Needle Society for just a few more days. I've listed the colorways below the design. If you're not familiar with Shining Needle, you can read all about it here. Here's my stitched Oasis, which I have to say, provided an Oasis for me while my kitchen was torn up!

The first photo is of my original thread selection - I used a Gloriana overdyed silk to select the rest of the threads. I then pulled a Watercolour to complement it and went from there. The Gloriana is called Rainforest and the Watercolour is Oasis.

For similar colors but a brighter version, there's Bermuda Reef - this is one of my all time favorite Watercolours!

 Cherry Tart is a soft pinks and golds and just yummy...

Copper is one of the most popular colorways so far - there's copper and bronze and a dark brown.
  

The other most popular colorway (tied with Copper) so far is Fiesta -feels like a party to me! 

Graphite is a beautiful palette of grays and teals - I'm thinking of using it for a new design that will be smoldering and smoking.

For everyone who loves Fall colors, here's another colorway for you! This one has more "red" in it, hence the Old Brick watercolour. The Gloriana is Autumn Arbor - it was the main overdye for one of my colorways of Serenity and I loved the way it stitched up.

Periwinkle is a soft palette of purplish blues.

Purples & Greens was so named because neither names of the Watercolour (Iris) or the Gloriana (Arnhem Heath) described this palette very well. A classic combination, I'm 100% positive this will turn out beautiful! Arnhem Heath was another thread I used for a Serenity colorway.
So there you have them - all nine colorways. It's more than my typical five or six but selecting them was like eating chips - I just couldn't stop!


If you don't want a Club or a Class, I'll be "exhibiting" in an online show next week. My two new designs are Starstruck and Color Delights - Seafoam. The show is a wholesale show but anyone can view the show. The shopowners will be ordering from the show and you'll see the new stuff arriving in the shops soon! I'm also taking pre-orders now.
 
Happy Stitching! I started something new last night and the needle is calling....
Kathy





Comments

  1. I would love to see a Color Delights done in the Fiesta colorway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if I am being dense, I would love to stitch Oasis in the rich purple and green colorway. When clicking the link to Shining Needle, I see a Yahoo group with 9 members and I don't see oasis on your website shop. Is there a way to purchase a kit or pattern and stitchguide? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six