Skip to main content

New for Nashville

It's been a busy couple of months and I can finally share the new designs I will be releasing soon. I will be heading to Nashville at the end of next week for one of the most fun weekends of the year. It's a crazy fun whirlwind connecting with old friends and shopowners from all over the country. At this point, we start keeping our fingers crossed for decent weather!

Ask your LNS to pre-order for you or if you don't have a LNS, you may pre-order hereShops may pre-order to pickup at Nashville or have shipped when I get home from the show. 

I'm enjoying my series of Holiday Delights - more whimsical than my usual designs and a great size for a quick project. The latest is St Patrick's Day. I did French knots with a Kreinik gold metallic for my gold but you could substitute beads if you wanted. 

Next up is Aurora - I was inspired by the Aurora Watercolours thread from my latest Mystery class to create this new design. There's something wonderful about using a thread color I've never used before! It's a bit larger than my Destination series designs, finishing about 8x11. It was fun to work on a size canvas (12x16) I've not used before - it was like a new freedom. I will do more this size!

Several years ago, I started a series of "Ripple Rotation" designs. It has taken a while but I've finally created the third in the series, Ripple Rotation 3. Like the others in the series, it  is worked entirely with overdyed Vineyard Silk from ThreadworX - no laying required! I used a few of their newer colors - love the purple and aqua. I promise not to wait so long to do the next in this series! 

At long last, I have created some Christmas ornaments, something I've had running around in my brain literally for years!. My first foray into designing counted needlepoint were Christmas ornaments for a class I taught when I had my shop. I love simple round Christmas ornaments so I created Christmas Rounds 1. There are four ornaments in the pattern and I have more in the works. 


Last up is Amethyst Garden. I taught this online a couple of years ago and am now making it available to all. There are NINE alternate colorways listed in the pattern. I let a little canvas peek through behind the star in the center so the design is worked on the color "Sandstone" canvas and the alternate colorways suggest complementary canvas colors to the threads. 

I put my Amethyst Garden in a Sudberry box (Carol's Fancywork). It's a mahogany box and sets this design off perfectly.

Here are photos of a couple of the alternate colorways worked up by my students:
Tiffany Rose on Rose Blush canvas


Christmas on Sandstone Canvas

Appalachia on French Blue Canvas
 
Until next time (I promise it won't be so long!) -
Kathy









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six