Skip to main content

Happy Fall Y'all!

It's the first day of Autumn - yippee!! Although my air conditioning is still blasting, there's the promise of cooler weather coming soon. I wait for it every year with great anticipation. This is one of my favorite times of the year - football season has started and baseball season is winding down. I'm hoping the Cubs repeat in the World Series!!

The holidays approach and I have finished two new "Holiday Delights" for Halloween and Christmas. I had been thinking about these designs for a long time and I'm pleased with how they turned out. Since 99.9% of my designs are "just geometrics", it was quite interesting to do Witch Hats - I had to draw something "real", not something I typically do. The trees were easier! Using Leaf Stitch for a tree makes it quite simple and you know how much I like stars if you know me at all!

These will be released on September 26th - pick them up at your local needlework shop or here. Both Holiday Delights finish at 6x6 and are stitched with Watercolours, Pearl Cotton, and Kreinik metallic. No laid threads!



I'm also releasing a new Color Delights - this is Blueberry. 



Here are a few photos I've received of a couple of my designs made into bags/purses. The first is my Amazing Color and the last three photos are Curios. I'm impressed with the creativity of these ladies in England!





My recent online class (Amethyst Garden) is finished and I've been receiving photos of finishes - here are a few of the alternate colorways stitched up.

This is the Christmas colorway

the Appalachia colorway

and my original piece in a Sudberry box. They're all so different!


Hope you are finding time to stitch and have not suffered too much from Hurricane Harvey or Irma! Another great thing about fall is the end of hurricane season...

Kathy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six