Skip to main content

Amethyst Garden

 I haven't blogged in months! It feels like only weeks as time flies so quickly. I've been traveling and teaching and generally, keeping too busy. I've created a new design to teach through Shining Needle Society. This is Amethyst Garden and finishes about 7.5x7.5. I put it into a Sudberry box - what an easy way to finish a piece of needlepoint. As much as I love my framer, it was nice to skip the trip for this time. It's also easy to take this piece out and pop in another, making it a great option to display a holiday design. I created some holiday colorways for just this purpose and will show them lower in this post.

Here's the finished piece in the box!

In addition to the Garden design, a bonus design finishing at 4x4 is included with the class. I used components of the Garden to create this "Bluebonnet Star" which will fit in a 4x4 box. The center diamond shape of this is the perfect size for an ornament - I need to stitch one!

Here are the colorways - it was so much fun creating them, I had to force myself to stop at 10! I love putting threads and colors together...the Petite Sparkle Rays and the threads under the Rainbow Gallery are for the Star design. Since the canvas peeks through under the star, all of the colorways will be on a color of canvas - French blue, Sandstone, Aquamarine, Yellow, Rose Blush, and Brown. Any of them could be done on eggshell as well.

Registration closes July 28th (Friday) and you can see all the registration details here.

This is the Appalachia Bluebonnet colorway:


Bermuda Reef colorway:


Kelp colorway:

Tiffany Rose colorway:

Turquoise colorway:

Tequila Sunrise colorway:


Americana colorway:

Christmas colorway:

Halloween colorway:
 


I'm looking forward to attending the EGA National Seminar next month! I'm not teaching so am excited to hang out with friends for a couple of days, see the exhibits, and be at merchandise night.

Hope you're all having a great summer!

Kathy



Comments

  1. Hi!
    My Mom would really like to work on Amethyst Gardens, can she purchase the pattern and work on virtually? Thank you Beth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six