Skip to main content

Another Starstruck and info on Oasis, my next class.

This is the last of the colorways completed - it's called Glowing Embers and consists of Purples, Rusts, and Grays. Amy K. from Phoenix stitched it and brought it to the class I've taught the last few days in California at Needle in a Haystack. I was thrilled to see it in person! The pattern will be available soon and it can now be pre-ordered. I've posted the pre-order info
 
Amy is amazing - she also brought a large number of my pieces that she'd stitched - I took photos to share here...This is Amy with her Color Delights and Double Delights - she has stitched every single one of them and is thinking of putting them in a soft wallhanging someday!
 
And here are some of her other pieces - it was quite a great Show & Tell for everyone there!
 

 
I taught Serenity the last two days and took a photo of class during the break! These are the "diehards" who won't stop stitching long for a break! They were a delightful group of ladies - I usually take a group photo at the end of class but it is unseasonally warm for northern California right now so everyone was feeling a little wilted by the end of the day.
I'm flying home tomorrow and can't wait to start stitching with the new threads I picked out on Friday! As soon as I get caught up and put everything away in my kitchen, I will have needle in hand! 
 
I left home last week with a fairly gutted kitchen and should come home to a brand new everything! Countertops were to be installed Friday so the backsplash could be done and new appliances delivered. My brother is a contractor and came down to finish the job he started a few weeks ago when I was away in North Carolina for a week. When I came home from that trip, I had new tile floors and painted cabinets but have had no sink or stove for  cabinet doors for a couple of weeks. It will be wonderful to move the coffeepot out of the bathroom! I can't wait to cook something - words that rarely come out of my mouth! Mostly, I'm eager to see how everything I chose comes together and have it done. I've not seen any photos so I can experience the "reveal" in person when I walk through the door! No plane delays tomorrow, please!
 
Registration for Oasis, my new class with Shining Needle Society, is open now. If you're not familiar with Shining Needle Society, it's free to join and you can get more info here. You can see the colorways and registration info here. I did 9 different options! There is a lot of sparkle in the piece that doesn't show up well in the photos - it's a fun quick piece with different stitches and you get
to decide whether it should be a square or a diamond shaped design! While I designed and stitched it as a diamond, I took the appearance of it as square into consideration when I was choosing what to stitch where. I'd not done this before so it was a fun exercise - it's good to stretch and try something new. It's always amazing how turning or rotating a design gives it a different look.



Until next time....
Kathy

Comments

  1. Wow! I am in awe of that person who stitched all of those designs! You are absolutely my favorite designer of counted canvas designs. As you know, I signed up for Oasis, and this past weekend I ordered the kits for Galaxy and Emerald. I am currently working on Tahiti and really love it. Can't wait to see your next project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see your designs all stitched up. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six