Skip to main content

Pictures of former Mystery pieces and more

I've received a few photos lately and like to share them with you. First up is Burst of Stars from Jody D. I like the use of triple matting!
 
 
Next up is Pandora's Boxes from Chris D. He (yes, he!) has stitched several of my designs.
 
 
This next photo comes from Anne Marek who is the proprietor of Mrs. Stitches  http://www.mrsstitches.com/ in New Jersey. I met in person at a tradeshow last year and she was delightful! She helped one of her customers change all the colors for Rainforest Revisited and sent this photo of the finished piece. It's very colorful compared to the original and it was fun to see something completely different! It sort of makes my design juices start flowing...
 
 
My mom finished her Autumn Logs and made this pillow within minutes of putting in the last stitch! It looks great on my dad's brown leather recliner but I doubt that's its home!
 
 
Here's a sneak peek of what I'm working on right now - the working title is "Stained Glass Stars" and it will be a teaching piece for 2014. 
 
And for the cat lovers, an obligatory cute photo of Boots - he loves plastic bags is begging me not take it away from him!
 
 
Next week I'm headed to Tennessee, North Carolina, and Kentucky! I'm looking forward to taking a class from Gary Clark with the Knoxville EGA. From there I'll go to mom's for the weekend and the John Campbell Folk Art School's Fall Festival. Last stop on the trip is the EGA National Seminar where I'll have a table at Merchandise night, see the exhibits, and shopping the Boutique (probably the best part!). Hope to see some of you there...
 
Kathy


 

Comments

  1. Everything is beautiful. But I particularly love your mom's pillow - love the design, colors and finishing! When are you coming to the Baltimore/DC area? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Stained Glass Stars looks fabulous. I do hope that it will be available to your overseas fans who can't get to a workshop.

    Alison
    Godalming UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stained Glass Stars looks awesome! I'm looking forward to more information on this project. Hope you will be teaching it in the Washington, DC area!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six