Skip to main content

Happy new Year!

2013 is off to a great start. I'm feeling so productive! I finished a project last night and another tonight! My second of four "Logs" patterns is completely stitched and will be one of my releases at the Nashville market at the end of February. This is a bit of a sneak peek of "Spring Logs" -
 
and here's the last of 12 of my Double Delights - I just put the last stitch in tonight! This is #11 and #12 is already stitched. I'm happy to be done with this series so I can move on to something new...
I've made up words for the Double Delights designs - Turple, Tangello, Nolive and a few phrases - most recently, Peach Forest. I'm struggling to name this one - the colors are burgundy (the Waterlily thread I used is Bordeaux and the Watercolour is Umbria) and olive. Leave a name suggestion in the comments and if I use it, you'll get a free pattern when it's released in a week or so.
 
I can't wait to draw my next design! I've got several on paper but have held off putting them on the canvas as I wanted to get this last Double done. Now the big decision of which to do first - I usually only work on one thing at a time (well, two really - one small and one larger design).
 
I don't make resolutions but I do choose a word for the year and this year's word is "Vision" - my hope is to see things more clearly and take the time to really plan what I want to do. In other words, I want to be more proactive and less reactive with deadlines, dates, and projects.
 
Here's to lots of fun stitching in 2013!
Kathy
 
 

Comments

  1. 'Briadeau' comes to mind--just a thought. Love these colors together!!Happy New Year!
    Barbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen Daniels January 1, 2013 11:33 pm.
    How about Bordumbo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment should have read Bordbria. Or Burbordbria to incorporate all 3 colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Vinopolis - as you have those grapevine colours?

    Alison
    Guildford, UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, Happy New Year. Love the Spring colors on the Log. Keep me in the "auto-ship" list :) For all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vineyard Connection - since Bordeaux is French (wine) and Umbria is Italian (olive) vineyards
    Linda Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, the Spring Logs is amazing! I loved the previous log design, but this is even better. The uneven logs make it really fun. This one will definitely be on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new square. If you drop the "a" from Bordeaux, you get "deux" - 2 in French. So my suggestion is "Deux-liteful". --JoanneP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Logs pillow

Just a quick post to show my finished Autumn Logs made into a pillow. The center looks washed out in the photo but I can't take another because I sent the pillow up to Fireside Stitchery - they're having a Needle Delights Originals trunk show right now and have over a dozen of my pieces - check them out if you're in the northeast! http://www.firesidestitchery.com/     Today is the first day of my online class "Inchies" - here's the Confetti colorway - one of my students already finished it and sent a photo!     I'm working on something new and will show you a peek soon! Kathy

More Serenity and something new...

I'm so pleased to show you photos of some of my students' work! They've had such fun stitching Serenity and several have completed it. It's such fun to see the different colorways come to life! First up is Pam B's - it's called "Flowers of Italy". She was clever and added her initials to the piece - can you find them?!   Next is Highland Garden - it was one of the most popular colorways!   And here's Arnhem Heath, the ever popular purple and green!  I'll be teaching this project at Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA next month - if you're wanting some Serenity, come join us. You can see all the info here. Kathy

In full swing...

I've been getting ready for my big summer trip - I'm heading to the midwest next month. First I'll be attending the TNNA Needlework tradeshow in St Charles, Missouri and then am heading to Chicago for the ANG National Seminar. I'm taking a class with Orna Willis and looking forward to being with someone who has great color sense! I'll also be participating at Expo Night. I'm looking for a couple of people who have experience in such events who would be willing to help me - contact me privately if you are interested.  Before I go to Seminar, I'll be teaching August 22-23 at Tomorrow's Heirlooms. You can get more details on their Facebook page here . I'm really having fun working on the piece and wish I could show you part of it but alas, it's a Mystery! I haven't done a Mystery class for the last two years and I'm happy to be designing another - I look forward to being able to share it and eventually publish it. I will be releasing six